Re: tlug: Sparc Optical Mouse Pad

Thanks to Jonathan, Andrew, and Joe for the input (re my off-topic
question). Switching to a mechanical mouse seems to be a better
option. I've also asked several vendors, but no one seems to be
selling compatible optical pads these days. Also, the felt strips on
the bottom of the mouse can easily get sticky in Tokyo.

Yes, I've been careful about mouse pad orientation and pad/mouse
combination. The usual trick is to slightly lift the mouse while I
move it around. For more accurate control, use it near the corner of
the pad where the optical grid is less worn out. :-)

Back to the original subject, I'm also interested in the sparc 1+ boot
floppy issue. Probably I won't bother to get a Y2K patch for SunOS 4.x,
so I would be better off using Linux. Linux finds a way.

--
Hiroshi Hasebe
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: