>alternative OS.
>
>I don't really want to be a
>loner in such an event, but if
>there is
>enough interest by others, I
>would be interested in
>helping out.

Hi,
I was also thinking more along the lines of an educational event.  I agree with Cliff that such an event would have to be tasteful, done in a Japanese way.  The main message would be that there is an alternate OS called Linux that runs on PC hardware and supports Japanese.  I was thinking more along the lines of passing out some CDs, having fun and going out for a beer after an hour or so.

An alternate idea is to have a Linux seminar on the same day as the Windows '98 release, invite the press and pass out Linux CDs during and after the event.  GLOCOM mentioned that TLUG could use their facilities for workshops.  The theme could be the same as the rally idea, "There is an alternative."

If there are extra CDs, they could be passed out in Akihabara.

--
Regards,
Craig Oda.  Now in Tokyo

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: