Re: GIMP against the rest(was Re: GUIs: Motif or ...? (was Re: tlug: Fw: Could Linux Kill NT?))

Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> >There is a program called tidy that beautyfies HTML (for Linux and Win)
> >that will help to make your job more comfortable.

> Beautify as in does what?  My complaint with so much of the HTML I run
> across isn't so much the appearance of the code (of that's what Tidy
> works on) so much as how full of errors it is.  It seems that very few
> people validate their code, or even are aware that there is such a thing
> as a right way to do it.  I'm not happy unless my HTML passes a parser
> with zero errors (normally against the W3C HTML 4.0 Transitional DTD),
> but that's depressingly uncommon.

As I told you I was busy on Friday and didn't have time to include a
link. Tidy basically cleans up bad HTML. Read more at:

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

urs

--
u r s  r o e s c h             h a c h i o j i,  t o k y o
e# urs@example.com                   aim# uru uru 71