Re: GIMP against the rest(was Re: GUIs: Motif or ...? (was Re: tlug: Fw: Could Linux Kill NT?))

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com>

>That is the first corporate URL I've clicked this week that DID NOT
>get a "BAD HTML" flag from w3.el.  (I don't normally use w3.el, too
>slow, so that's only about 20.)
>
>Good work!

Thank you :-)  Be warned, however, that most of the pages on 3Web's site
were not written by me and have not yet been flogged by me, so a lot of
them will not pass.  This applies to most of the ones on the English
version and almost everything on the Japanese side, where only recently
has anyone either known or cared about such things.  What happens to
them from here remains to be seen.

I noticed that the nsgmls in the Xemacs in TurboLinux chokes on
double-byte characters.  Fortunately, I have a batch-mode checker
available that was whipped up by one of our programmers (a front-end
script for nsgmls, basically), that doesn't.  Is that something I will
find an easy workaround for in Xemacs when I go to look for one (no, I
haven't RTFMed on that one yet), or is this something requiring a hack?

As to my mail headers, well, if I were writing them myself by hand . . .
:-)
Maybe you can write to Bill Gates on my behalf and ask him to do
something about the mail headers in Outlook Express :-)  I do use Pine a
lot too, though.  Isn't that supposed to be OK?

Thanks,

Jonathan

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: