Re: GIMP against the rest(was Re: GUIs: Motif or ...? (was Re: tlug: Fw: Could Linux Kill NT?))

Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

sorry I was xtremly busy today so I couldn't continue to show you the
right way (Photoshop and Gimp) ;)

And I go to Osaka over the weekend and don't have e-mail access :(

> >I know what you mean by making ugly, some Bu-cho doesn't like the color
> >and you have to change it.

> No, I mean some customer who wass paying for it (maybe it was a bu-cho
> :-)   )  *}did* like it, and
> wanted more of it.  But it's worse.  The graphics they already have are
> nightmare of pixelation and just a general balls-up.  And the HTML is
> just as bad, or worse.  But if they want more of it, they get it :-)
> The only
> HTML they have that passes W3C 4.0 is the stuff I wrote. Well, at least
> it did when it left my hands.  I make no guarantees about now :-)

There is a program called tidy that beautyfies HTML (for Linux and Win)
that will help to make your job more comfortable.

gotta go to Osaka now....

urs
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: