tlug: bttv compatibility question

Marcus Metzler writes:

 > I haven`t heard about the SunVideo yet. We know that Haupauge is using

The reason I am interested in SunVideo is that ptolemy 0.71 has
sunvideo star:

 >> SunVideo star in SDF domain
 >>
 >> Reads frames from the SunVideo card and outputs them as 3 matrices:
 >> one for Y,U and V components.
 >>
 >> Derived from: SDFStar
 >> Location: SDF image library
 >> Version: 1.5 "12/08/97"
 >> Author: Luis Gutierrez
 >>
 >> Outputs
 >>
 >> output1.FLOAT_MATRIX_ENV. Y image.
 >> output2.FLOAT_MATRIX_ENV. U image.
 >> output3.FLOAT_MATRIX_ENV. V image.
 >> frameIdOut.int.
 >>
 >> States
 >>
 >> frameId.IntState. Starting frame ID value. "0".
 >> devNo.IntState. Device number of the card. The OS will identify the
 >> card as /dev/rtvc. "0".
 >> port.StringState. Port to which the camera is
 >> connected. "composite-1".
 >> frames_per_second.FloatState. The maximum number of frames captured in
 >> one second. The actual capture rate might be lower. The maximun is
 >> 30. "30.0".
 >> decimate.IntState. downsample image by this factor in x and y
 >> directions. "2".
 >>
 >> Details
 >>
 >> See: source code, SunVideo users
 >>
 >> Copyright (c) 1996-1997 The Regents of the University of
 >> California. All rights reserved. See the file $PTOLEMY/copyright for
 >> copyright notice, limitation of liability, and disclaimer of warranty
 >> provisions.

So I can use bttv with ptolemy.

 > him and ask him to tell me how to change the driver, so that you can
 > try it if you want.

I hope the change includes how to change linux/include/linux/pci.h
too. it is annoying to see boot message says undefined in pci.h
everytime it boots up. I checked both newest kernels and it is not
defined.

Unprecedent in advance.

Regards,
Kei.