Re: tlug: Re: Compressing files on Linux

gavin,

having done both vb and gcc+vi programming for some time, i must
say that there are advantages of working on graphical ide too.
you might find graphical ide is the way to go on [l]unix as well
as on other platforms.

enjoy your new toy, and let us know what you find out.

koji

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Gavin Walker wrote:

> >> Thanks for the help guys. Now I can finally get an IDE for C++ set
> up.
> >What's wrong with xemacs/emacs/xwpe for this?
>
> Firstly I don't even know what xwpe is (yet). Some other reasons:
>
> 1)I'm a VB developer.
> 2)I'm trying to learn C++ for the first time at the age of 29. I'm not
> a hacker. I write a glorified macro language and am fully aware of the
> fact. An IDE is where I live for ten hours a day and I *understand*
> them.
> 3)In Unix I have no idea what I'm doing half the time (some would say
> that this is merely a superset of point 1).
>
> Look, I just want to learn something new! Something unrelated to my
> job. I don't have time to start from scratch.
>
> later,

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: