Re: tlug: RedHat 5.1 for Sparc's

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Joe Marchak wrote:

> There was an anouncement that RH 5.1 for Sparc machines is now available
> on their website, but they want people to hold off on downloding it until
> the mirror sites have caught up.

The mirror sites are seriously lagged, but I managed to get the most
important RPM set from the main site -- glibc-2.0.7-12.

Works okay on both of my sun4c machines.  I'm browsing their glibc source
modifications now ... pretty interesting reading, given that the 2.0
branch didn't support sparclinux out of the box.

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: