tlug: Re: Voice information content.....

Karl-Max Wagner writes:
 > Error correction. Shannon's law says that transferring a lot of
Forward feed error correction is that adding codes to signal
improves reliablity. This is characteristic of the
channel. if there is no accuracy there is no point adding
codes. I really don't know about 660bps. the number is just
coming out of a hat. But, I estimated the number far below
the current modem thruput because I can argue that the
number is nothing to do with 8khz nor 3.1khz which is
charasteristic of telephone channel, which of course relates
to FEC discussion. I took the number far below because this
means it is free of channel characteristcs but relates to
human capability. This is like bee can see ultraviolet or
bat can hear ultrasonic. Human put ultra because he cannot
see nor hear ultra thing. So it is not channel nor error
correction but, human capability yet still stated in digital
term to convince that human can communicate other than text
consciously or subconssciously stated somehow in phoney
numbers.
Like she sounds upset, or in dialects or has sour throat. It
is difficult to attribute bits to those feelings, but the
feelings are still based on the information sent thru (660-25)
bps.
And if human capability is up to modem level, there will be
no need for modem.

Regards,
Kei.

*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html