Re: tlug: console

    Eric> How do I get a console to monitor real-time the errors?  In
    Eric> SunOS, we had one come up in OpenLook auto, so I never had
    Eric> to config one on my own.  Is that just teeing messages
    Eric> written to /var/adm/messages?

Eric,

	xterm -C

or
	xconsole

Note that for xconsole to work /dev/console has to be readable by
you. I thought that this was taken care of by xinit, but it does not
seem to be. Maybe startx? If not, you could make xconsole suid root,
but then anyone could see you console. Don't know if that is a problem
or not...

Andy

*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html