Re: tlug: need programmers help

Hi all,

On 16-Jun-98 Manuel Chakravarty wrote:
> I don't understand the problem yet.  Can't you do a `find'
> on all `.html' files (or whatever format they have) and loop
> over them in a shell script and `cat' the stuff at each
> file?  Or something like that?

Well, there are almost 7000 messages in the mailing list
archive. I want to add a navigation bar to the top of each page
just under the logo.

To see what I mean take a look at

http://tlug.pht.co.jp/MLadm/9805/maillist.html

That yellow bar is about 14 lines of code and I'm not sure how
to do what you're suggesting since it has to be inserted in the
middle of each page. If it was just appending something cat
would work, but this has to either read down a certain number of
lines or look for the <BLOCKQUOTE> or 'something'.

> (BTW, what is a `mhonarc.rc'?)

mhonarc is the program we're using to build the TLUG mailing
list archive. It reads an rc file to see how you want to format
each message.

Thanks,

Jim S. (who is NOT feeling like a programmer;-)

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
#include <disclaimer.h>
Get Revenge!  Live long enough to be a problem for your children!
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
*** 20 June: TLUG will be at the Tokyo Linux Fair
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/projects/linux-fair/fair.html