Re: tlug: Re: Japanese input

On 10-Jun-98 Karl-Max Wagner wrote:
> > done.  I read somewhere recently that there is even an
> > entire magazine published in romaji, by a group that favors
> > abolishing kanji.
>
>  Interesting ! Please give me more info !

I think I know this one; the answer was sitting forgotten on my bookshelf
in the form of "All-romanized English-Japanese Dictionary", by the
'Hyoujun Romaji Kai' and published by Tuttle.

The full title given inside is the "Zaidan Hojin Hyojun Romaji Kai",
but I don't see any contact details. The foreword was written in 1961,
so obviously this group have been around for a while...
  (I will save myself the embarassment of trying to translate that
without the Kanji; this foreigner at least finds reading with Kanji,
even as inaccurately as I do, much easier than trying to figure out
what the Kanji for a word in romaji should be :)

-Matt.

PS. A small suggestion to, er, no-one in particular; Whitespace isn't a
sin, and can we please have a little of it? :) Paragraph and quotation
separation really is a huge aid to scansion... thanks.

"The results of this intrusion into your life will be used 'responsibly'
in ways you cannot even begin to imagine. Of course, the innocent have
nothing to fear from the rapidly expanding data industry."
 - Radiohead, Airbag/How Am I Driving?

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station