Re: tlug: Minor Correction. and Question!

Hi Ken,

     I am so delighted to have this info. I love Linux. But sometimes
when I am stuck I feel I cannot go anywhere to ask. Oh, tlug is awesome.
I have never been deserted yet. Ken, thanks.
     Also I have to give you my sincere apology for the comments I did
on HPLaserJet4000N. Actually the printer is super. So fine. The trouble
was only in Win95. I am so happy you recommended the printer. This is
the one I must say. Just beauty. Isn't it.
     About Canon Laser Shot I have done my best with Linux default fonts
But hahahah, as you see from the attached file, it is pathetic. I will
try your recommended site. Thanks again.

Yours,
Yong-Ming

kenhrd@example.com wrote:

> Hi Yong-Ming,
>
> Craig's web page
>         http://tlug.pht.co.jp/~craigoda/writings/linux-nihongo/node78.html
> contains details on using Commercial MS TrueType Fonts.  Technically
> you can load the TT fonts from another computer to your linux
> box.
>
> Licensewise, MS seems raising objection on using their fonts in other
> platform.  Maybe safer to use other companies' ones, like Ricoh or
> IBM (OS/2).
>
> At Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:43:46 +0900, yhua@example.com (Yong-Ming Hua) wrote:-
> >       There is another problem. I've got another printer. Canon
> > Laser Shot B406EII. I am managing okay. But the default fonts
> > in Linux are so pathetic that I want to use Win95 fonts. Can
> > anyone tell me how to build a font server? Or I just might use
> > Win95 fonts. My linux boxes don't have win95 partition. Any idea?
> > Thanks in advance. Am I speaking Linux?
> You are.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

_/_/_/_/_FROM THE OFFICE OF YONG-MING HUA:YMH CAL LABORATORY_/_/_/_/_/
_/ E-mail: 1)yhua@example.com, 2)yhua@example.com _/
_/ Office Phone:(Jpn)(0)427-39-8132:Fax:(Jpn)(0)427-39-8845         _/
_/ A Word from YMH CAL LAB: Help those with Terminal Illness        _/
_/ They need your love. http://www.kelvin.lit.tamagawa.ac.jp        _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/Home Phone & Fax:(Jpn)(0)3-3485-0171_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

GIF image