tlug: 128 bit encryption

Hello,
I was trying to simplify transactions with a U.S. firm in the
the U.S. and am required to have a browser with 128bit encryption.
They're saying Netscape, but I guess it could be any browser
that support 128bit encryption.  I think that a 128bit version of Linux
exists.  However, I can't download it because the reverse DNS seems
to be actually verifying the country that the IP corresponds to.
You have to be in the U.S. and be a U.S. citizen to download the
128 bit version right now.  Or, at least this is what the download
directions say.  Is this law still in effect?  I thought the government
had seen the light on this issue?

I remember Tague saying that there was a team in Australia that
had a 128 bit version of Netscape that could be used outside the
U.S.  However, I don't know if there is a Linux version.  The
transaction involves the transfer of actual money, so stability
of the browser is pretty important.

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda craigoda@example.com http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda (my PGP)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station