Re: tlug: Canna question

From: Manuel Chakravarty <chak@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: Canna question
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:59:55 +0900

chak> > There is a menu system to add words to your Canna
chak> > dictionary.  Enter into extended mode with M-x
chak> > canna-extend-mode.  I think the menu item is$BC18lEPO?(B.  You
chak> > can move up a menu level with C-g.  Once you input the word
chak> > into the dictionary typing should be fairly fast.
chak>
chak> Sounds good, but crashes my Mule 2.3 (in GNU Emacs
chak> 19.34.1)...I anyway planed a major software upgrade of my
chak> system...

I'm using GNU Emacs20.2.  However, I think you still have to kind of
patch it to get Canna to work properly with it.  I think that XEmacs20.x
is more straightforward.   You can also enter into extension $B3HD%5!G=(B
from kinput2.  For example, if you are on the command line, press Shift-Space,
then when the $B!N$"!O(B comes up, type the "Home" key on keyboard.  If you have
a "Help" key, that might work.  I don't have a help key on my keyboard, so
I use Home.

A window will open that looks like this:

 $B#15-9fF~NO(B  $B#2%3!<%IF~NO(B  $B#3Ithttp://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda (my PGP)

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station