Re: tlug: Web Site Mirroring

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to etablish a mirror web site. Is there anyway that
> I can get some "Howto" document. I have never established a mirror
> site before so any suggestion would of great help.
> If anyone knows of a good software solution (like an auto-updater for
> the mirror), please keep me posted.

The "mirror" package is just fine, IMO. It's on the sunsite linux
site, and is included in some distributions like debian. It's a
simple setup. Just include it in your cron system and then you
have a daily, weekly update, or whatever you want to set for it.
Mirror is a perl script, btw, so it's nice and small.

David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station