Re: tlug: Printing Japanese text in (X)emacs

Don't you have a2ps, perl-script?

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:32:09 MST
	Kei Furuuchi <kfur@example.com>  writes:
> nemossan@example.com writes:
	|
> I want to send a fax thru faxmodem of e-mail as cc to someone who does
> not have e-mail account but, but has a fax machine. If you can
> automate it in Xemacs VM, it is my dream. But, as long as I can
> convert Japanese text into PS file, it will do the job.

"a2ps" converts text-file (may contain Japanese-KANJI) to postscript
format.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
;#
;# a2ps: ascii to ps
;#
;# Copyright (c) 1990-1994 Kazumasa Utashiro <utashiro@example.com>
;# Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
;# Sanbancho Annex Bldg. 1-4, Sanban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102, Japan
;#
;; $rcsid = q$Id: a2ps,v 1.38 1995/06/30 22:34:53 utashiro Exp $;
;#
;# This program is perl version of Miguel Santana's a2ps.  Postscript
;# kanji enhancement was done by Naoki Kanazawa <kanazawa@example.com>.
;# Converted to perl and enhanced by Kazumasa Utashiro.  B4 support
;# and punchmark was contributed by Masami Ueno
;# <cabbage@example.com>.
;
#
;# Redistribution for non-commercial purpose, with or without
;# modification, is granted as long as all copyright notices are
;# retained.  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND
;# ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED.

If you want, I can send it via email, but I'm sure there is newer.

--
nemossan
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station