Re: tlug: Xemacs Japanese input

    >> 日本語です。" you type "koreha" C-J "Nihongo" SPC C-J "desu."
    >> The capitalization of Nihongo signals that this is a kanji
    >> compound.

    jb> Sounds excruciating.  I'll give it a try, though.

It's not optimal.  :-)

    >> Still, you'll probably be a lot more comfortable with egg-wnn
    >> if you've got Wnn 4 on your system.

    jb> I don't, just that 10-minute demo of Wnn6, and you can't even
    jb> use a cron job to get around that.  You can kill it and
    jb> restart but then Mule doesn't see it anymore until you also
    jb> restart Mule.  Is Xemacs the same way?

I think that XEmacs does lazy initialization (ie, it doesn't look for
Wnn until it's requested via C-\).  You should be able to do "C-X C-M
C-\ japanese-skk RET C-X C-M C-\ japanese-wnn RET" and reinitialize
Wnn.  But I don't know for sure.  (The "japanese-skk" is irrelevant,
just changes the input method so you can try to reinit Wnn-egg.)

I bet it can be done, but probably not without messing around, and
maybe not without a patch to the underlying C code.

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station