Re: tlug: Xemacs Japanese input

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com>

>日本語です。" you type "koreha" C-J "Nihongo" SPC C-J
"desu."  The
>capitalization of Nihongo signals that this is a kanji
compound.

Sounds excruciating.  I'll give it a try, though.

>Still, you'll probably be a lot more comfortable with
egg-wnn if
>you've got Wnn 4 on your system.

I don't, just that 10-minute demo of Wnn6, and you can't
even use a cron job to get around that.  You can kill it and
restart but then Mule doesn't see it anymore until you also
restart Mule.  Is Xemacs the same way?  Those people over at
Omron did their homework :-)  But PHT should have their
canna version ready soon, so I'll just hold on.

>The fact that Wnn, Canna, and SKK show up on that menu is
my doing, by
>the way.  I told you I dream dreams.  :-)

I do,too.  My dreams of Japanese input unification are just
a lot less realistic than most people's dreams :-)

Thanks for the SKK info!

Jonathan

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station