RE: tlug: printer problems

Hi all,

On 08-Jun-98 Eric Standlee and Family wrote:
> will buying a printer here in Japan for
> a American system mean that I have to ask questions regarding
> the compatibility with my system?

If I were you, I'd ask, but you're unlikely to get an answer to,
"Will this print postscript under Linux?" I've got an HP Deskjet
560J that refuses to print anything other than ACSII w/Linux -
and I've tried every filter known to HP to try and get Netscrape
to print - no joy. I've heard similar stories with other HP
printers bought in Japan.

HTH

Jim S.

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
#include <disclaimer.h>
Never eat more than you can lift.
                -- Miss Piggy
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station