Re: tlug: Accton (was PPP for Dummies)

Uc^ida Masatomo <masatomo@example.com> wrote,

> >     Manuel> I have some problems, though. The internal modem seems to
> >     Manuel> make trouble when I simultaneously use an Accton PCMCIA
> >     Manuel> Ethernet card.  (And funnily this card is never recognized
> >     Manuel> during booting (or when inserted first), but only after
> >     Manuel> ejecting it and plugging it into *the other* PCMCIA slot.)
> >
> > Acctons in general seem to have bad juju.  Neither tulip.c nor de4x5.c
> > works perfectly on the Accton PCI ethernet card I have (two of,
> > unfortunately).
>  I've been using Accton EN2216 card on Linux more than two years. I never
> had a troble with it. It is recognized during booting. I used this card
> on lots of kernels since '2.0.0'. Now I'm using it on 2.1.103+patch.
> I wonder Manuel's problem exists on Notebook. Does other Ethernet card
> work fine?

The Accton card that I am using is also a EN2216.  I am
inclined to blame it on the Sony VAIO PCG-723 NotePC that I
am using.  I am wondering whether it is really a weakness of
the NotePC or just a mismatch between the hardware and
pcmcia-2.9.6 (I have a 2.0.30 kernel).  Did anybody else
have trouble with PCMCIA on a VAIO PCG-7xx?

Cheers,

Manuel

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station