Re: Japanese input (was RE: tlug: Japanese)

Hi,
At 15:50 06/07/98 +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> [...]

The Japanese Input Method is a Server-Client type system.
Server --------- Client ---------------------------------- Application
cannaserver ---- kinput2 (with canna support) ------------ netscape
            ---- onew (included jvim with canna support) - jvim
            ---- canuum ---------------------------------- mule
Wnn(jserver) --- kinput2 (with wnn support) -------------- dp/note
             --- uum -------------------------------------
             --- onew (included jvim with wnn support) ---
             --- xwnmo - X -------------------------------

BTW, cannaserver, kinput2 and netscape has executiion order.
1st, at boot time, cannaserver was run by root user.
setenv LANG ja_JP.ulis ( set from .cshrc )
setenv XMODIFIERR @example.com=kinput2 ( set from .cshrc )
2nd, kinput2 was run by user for Japanese Input with & (back ground).
3rd, netscape was run by same user for Japanese Input.
--
| Kazuyuki Okamoto <ikko-@example.com>
| http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~ikko-/XF332/DocIndex.html
| http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~ikko-/XF331/DocIndex.html
| XFree86 Docs in Japanese
| PGP Key fingerprint =  56 D2 1E 57 22 12 3B 3C  AB 36 55 37 23 27 F0 61
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station