RE: tlug: Japanese

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Matt Gushee wrote:

>  > Afterstep to twm without asking me if that was ('&"!'#&!! OK (it's not, and
>  > that little trick is the kind of thing I would expect from a Windows 95
>  > install)
>
> OUCH! That's below the belt, alright. Which program is it that did
> that?

I'm not sure if the culprit was the new beta of TurboLinux or if something
odd happened when I restored my /home/jonathan files back, but .xsession
came out with nothing in it except bash, so it was defaulting to twm.
Chris Sekiya put me onto .xsession as a likely place to look, and putting
the path to Afterstep in there got me recovered.  I still don't know what
trashed .xsesssion, but when I install this new beta on my machine at home
tonight, I'll be watching to see if it does it there, too.  If it does,
then I'll know that beta did it.  If it doesn't, I'll go find a mirror so
I can get a good look at the culprit :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station