RE: tlug: Japanese

7ol : Stephen J. Turnbull
    Jonathan> <turnbull@example.com>
    >> 1.  XEmacs 20.4/Mule: distributed with SKK, configured for
    >> Canna or Wnn.  Yes, you probably want to install one of them.
    >> Canna is less problematic in my experience.

    Jonathan> Is this also true of Wnn6, that Omron jacks people up
    Jonathan> for 9,000 yen for?  If no, would you say that Wnn6 is
    Jonathan> worth getting?

Wnn6 is probably fine, but I've never tried it and have no idea if
it's worth it.  The main user problems I've encountered with Wnn have
to do with permissions getting out of whack for reasons noone could
ever explain to me; however, that was SunOs, I've never used it on a
Linux system (where I could not get Wnn to work at first, Canna worked
immediately, and I never went back, except to help friends compile
it).

My guess is that gaijin probably break phrases in sufficiently awkward
places that Wnn6 is no big improvement over Wnn4 for us.  But that's
pure speculation, and Canna 3.2 or 3.5 is all I've ever needed.
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station