RE: tlug: Cobalt Qube

-----Original Message-----

7ol : Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>

>that sort of proves my point - Mr. Joe Potato's non-security-conscious
>implementation would be the equivalent of the monkey reloading and going
>to the mall's administration office, or, in this case, Mr. Joe Potato's
>employer who owns the server and the data on it.

I don't know much about the Cobalt Qube, but I think it's likely that the
makers have though of that and pre-configured it with security levels that
are reasonable.  And they might also be unchangeable by Joe Potato, or at
least covered with big red warning signs to not mess with them if you don't
thoroughly understand all of the implications.

A more likely threat might be, as someone mentioned the other day, that if
someone discovered a security hole in the Cobalt Qube they could probably
then penetrate every one they could find, using the same technique.

Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station