Re: tlug: diald (was: mouse fixed; now what about email)

 > Did you ever have a NotePC (or any other computer) that you
 > used in two different networks getting two different IP
 > addresses?  (For example, for dialing in from home, working
 > in your office, or working in your laboratory, you might
 > need three different network configurations.)
 >
 > Using Windoze, after you went to another working place, you
 > boot the machine, type in the new network address,
 > and...boot again (because the OS cannot change IP addresses
 > on the fly).  Do this twice a day and you'll love Bill.  On
 > Linux, the `cardctl' command of the PCMCIA package let's you
 > define different schemes for different network
 > configurations and *of course* you can change them without
 > booting.  (I heared that NT also has to reboot.  Is that
 > true?)

That seems to be Microsoft philosophy: If in doubt reboot.
It really shouldn`t be necessary when changing network settings.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station