RE: tlug: Linux telecom nexus

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, J. David Beutel wrote:

> and returning verbal result codes.  Incidentally, $N1=0 did not work

Try $N1=1 and see if that works.  It's used on the NTT INS Mate TA, which
is an NEC with an NTT label stuck on the front and a much higher price
tag.

> and the original).  (Katakana to-ki means phone line?)

Not that I've ever heard.  A phone line is a denwa kaisen (電話回線) and
isoften shortened to just kaisen (回線).

> please let me know.  Also, does anyone know if I can register a
> PHS number as one of the two telehoudai numbers (for unlimited calling

No, you can't.  Only NTT numbers in your area code or the immediately
adjacent one, and within 20 Km.

> caller ID thing.  Is it cheaper to call from a home to a PHS than
> vice versa?  Also, is calling to a PHS more expensive than a local call?

It's the same price in either direction.  The calling party pays the
charges.  A PHS call is more expensive than a local call.

Glad to hear things are working out!

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station