Re: tlug: Tokyo internet providers --> any suggestions ???

On Tue, Jun 02, 1998 at 11:55:23AM -0500, Joe Norton wrote:
> I will be moving to Tokyo in mid-July and I am interested in finding a
> good, reasonably priced internet providers ... preferably ones that
> are linux-friendly.

We've just been discussing this in one of the Tokyo PC Users Group
newsgroups <URL:news://news.tpc.ml.org/tpc.internet> (well, okay,
without the Linux slant :-).

Perhaps the most important consideration is telephone charges.  If you live
within the Tokyo (03) area code, you have a large number of providers to
choose from.  If you are in one of the suburbs, it may be worth your while
to select a provider that has a local access point.  (There are new
telephone company programs that reduce costs calling to neighboring areas
which makes this a bit more involved to figure out recently.)

Jim

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo     ICQ: 5981586   AIM: Jim7J1AJH
Tokyo PC Users Group    http://www.tpc.ml.org/tpc/newsgroups.html

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station