Re: tlug: Tokyo internet providers --> any suggestions ???

Hello, everybody.

joe in Texas wrote:
> I will be moving to Tokyo in mid-July and I am interested in finding a
> good, reasonably priced internet providers ... preferably ones that
> are linux-friendly.
 Welcome to Japan. I have an account on three providers. Every provider
works fine with Linux. I use PAP connection. Those are
Asahi-net <http://www.asahi-net.or.jp>
 sponsered by Asahi Newspaper
BTNis<http://www.pc.btnis.co.jp>
 sponsered by British Telecom and Marubeni Co.
Hi-ho<http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp>
 sponsered by Matsushita Electric Co.

 Provider charges are almost equal. The real problem is telephone charge.
There are lots of providers in Tokyo. But most of providers don't provide
information relating to Linux. You need to make the provider linux-
friendly.

Cheers,

Masa   Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
<http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/linux>
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station