RE: tlug: Linux telecom nexus

-----Original Message-----

7ol : J. David Beutel <jdb@example.com>

>I must adjust my cordless plans.  I assume there are other basestations
>which I could use instead.  How do these work?  Are they ISDN or
>analog?  I.e., do I need to get a TA that I can daisychain later?

Just so I can clarify the objective here, are you just trying to avoid
buying a regular telephone (or at least a cordless phone), or is there
another objective here?   Also, do your care about not being able to receive
PHS calls when your PHS is in cordless mode, or is that a non-issue?

There are some PHS/cordless base stations available, but I think you would
probably spend more money on one of those than if you just bought a normal
cordless phone and a PHS as well (a PHS is practically free, and sometimes
really is free).  Whichever type of cordless phone you get, it will plug
into an analog port on the TA either way.  Going this way has the additional
benefit of allowing you to buy a less expensive TA, since you don't need it
to be a PHS cordless base station.

Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station