Re: tlug: ppp stuff

-----Original Message-----

From: Eric Standlee and Family <e-w.standlee@example.com>
>As I am still not up with my ISP in linux, please forgive
me if I bother
>you.

You're not bothering us, really.  The TLUG list is all about
helping TLUGgers get their systems working, or working
better, and just generally helping us all get more out of
Linux.  As you've probably noticed, there is a tendency here
to not rest until someone's problem has been solved :-)  In
that vein, I'd like to also point you at the following URL,
for a product called X-ISP:

http://users.hol.gr/~dbouras/

X-ISP looks so marvelous that it makes me wish I had a phone
line, just so I could try it.  That doesn't mean I would be
the least bit interested in giving up having a leased line
connection, but X-ISP does look awfully good.  It's based on
XForms and presents a nice, user-friendly front-end to pppd
and supports multiple accounts.  It also has usage and
expense logging.  If you try it, please let me know if you
think it's any good.  If it actually gets you online, then
I'll be really stoked :-)

You might also want to take a look at EzPPP:

http://www.serv.net/~cameron/ezppp/index.html

Best of luck, and don't hesitate to post questions here if
you're still stuck.

Jonathan

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station