RE: tlug: File Browsers

Hi,

On 01-Jun-98 craigoda@example.com wrote:
> I've recently started to use Midnight Commander, mc, in text
> mode with S-Lang, inside of a kterm with colorization and xterm
> mouse controls set to on.

Hmm, I've never gotten mc to run in an xterm (it'll run fine from
the console, though). The directory panels are the strangest form
of Egyptian hieroglyphics I've ever seen. The function key
labels and the menu bar line come out in English and after the
curser passes a line in the dir panel, it temporarily changes to
English.

weird weird weird

> I tried  File Runner (fr), TkDesk, and dired,

I sometimes use TKDesk which I like a lot. I briefly toyed with
an early beta of QT Linux Explorer which s*cked. I still do most
of my file management from the shell. (bash rules:-)

Regards,

Jim S.
After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station