Re: tlug: diald (was: mouse fixed; now what about email)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Standlee and Family <e-w.standlee@example.com>

>Yuck. And the info pages on the server are only in Japanese
and don't
>mention TCP/IP and ppp through anything but Win95, and Mac.

Unfortunately, that's a common problem, since Windows and
MacOS both apparently automatically detect the
authentication type and act appropriately.  I hope that
Linux will someday do the same.  Most ISPs do not put
information about their authentication on their web sites,
but if you call them and ask them, they should tell you.

If they won't, I would suggest trying PAP first, and if that
doesn't work but everything else is set right on your
system, try CHAP.

Good luck,

Jonathan

After June 13, the next meeting is 8 August at Tokyo Station