Re: tlug: Re: NEC Aterm IW60

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Sean Bennett wrote:

> system.  Do you know/have any firsthand experience on whether the NEC Aterms are a problem to set up/use under
> English W95 (gasp... in a Linux users group - sorry ;-); I'm interested in how you make out setting it up under
> Linux as well...).

I'm not scandalized :-)

The only problem you might experience with setting up an Aterm under
English Windows is the fact that the config software is not available in
an English version, something you'll encounter with any other TA in Japan,
AFAIK.

But as long as you plan to use a Japanese system also, that will be no
problem.  Just run the config software over there and set up the TA, then
install your drivers in both English and Japanese Windows and you're all
set.

I've had NEC TAs myself and like them very well, and don't really see
myself recommending anything else, unless maybe some TA were to someday
ship with config software that ran under Linux.  I understand there is one
in North America, though. I read a review of it in Linux Journal a few
months ago.

Regards,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691