tlug: Re: departing with a friend (was: June's raffle)

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 08:19:28PM +0900, Jim Schweizer wrote:

> I'd really like to try out TurboLinux at home, but I'm just too
> fond of my old Slackware box to let it go... we've been through
> soooo much together:-)

That's why God invented external SCSI drives.  :-)

I obtained a 9 GB scsi disk for a song *months* ago, if I everg get a
few hours of my own time, I want to zip over to Akiba and get an
enclosure and cables.  Then I plan to install TurboLinux, Debian,
OpenBSD, RH 5.1, and maybe Stampede on it, attach it to my home machine,
and play around until my eyes melt.  I should re-emerge from my cave by
springtime.

(On a related note: it's soooo ridiculous that you can't boot MS
operating systems from any arbitrary partition on any arbitrary disk.)

Cheers,
--
Rex
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691