Re: tlug: Pine and Reply-To

    Scott> On Fri, 29 May 1998, Neil Fergusson wrote:

    >> I am using regular old-fshioned unix mail, i.e. the "mail"
    >> command.

    Scott> You might be able to just manually type:

    Scott> right after entering the subject.

This won't work.

You could try typing your real subject, but before entering the
carriage return do "^V^MReply-To: me@example.com" (where ^V is
your shell literal escape character).  If that doesn't work, try doing
the same thing (with appropriate shell quoting) in the -s option on
the command line.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to intercept the outgoing mail
before it gets to sendmail and edit it by hand.

Of course, if you want to mess with sendmail.cf, it can be done there
(sendmail.cf is Turing complete, even if empty :-).  Just don't ask me
how.

Steve "one cracker, loaded with Brie, please" Turnbull

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691