Re: tlug: Question

Hi,

I read an explanation before, that root user's home was
in /home/root in earlier system, but in this case if the
/home cannot be mounted due to serious trouble, root user
cannot get his/her home.  So, the home for root is separately
arranged in /root.  I don't know how the Solaris' philolophy is.

Regards,
Ken

<199805281245.VAA18538@example.com>の記事において
gniibe@example.comさんは書きました。

>> Alan B. Stone writes:
>>  > This may sound like a stupid question, but one of my co-workers asked me
>>  > today as I was setting up a system with RedHat, why RedHat (and others)
>>  > have a "root" directory, while systems like Solaris do not?
>>
>> I don't think this is stupid question. :-)  It's good question for
>> administration of Unix.
>>
>> I guess that the reason is many Linux users (from DOS?) don't make
>> his/her own account but use "root" account (forever :-).

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com       http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society of Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691