tlug: VFLib Documentation

From: Manuel Chakravarty <chak@example.com>
Subject: Re: tlug: Draft of June 13 TLUG General Meeting Announcement
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:30:50 +0900

chak> Matt Gushee <matt@example.com> wrote,
chak>
chak> > Haven't tried them myself, but according to Hirotsugu Kakugawa's
chak> > "VFLib 2.22 Q & A," MS Mincho and MS Gothic (Win 3.1 and 95 versions)
chak> > are supported.
chak> >
chak> > By the way, a couple of months ago I did a rough translation of the
chak> > above document to English, and was planning to submit it to
chak> > Mr. Kakugawa ... but other things got in the way and I haven't gotten
chak> > around to rewriting it in publishable form. But if I hear people
chak> > saying there's a need for it, I might be persuaded to finish it up and
chak> > send it off. Anybody want it to happen?
chak>
chak> It would make reading considerably faster for me.  So, I
chak> would of course be very happy about an English version.

Matt,
RU on the jtlug list?  There is a lot of talk about getting documentation
for various Japanese projects translated into English.

For people that don't know, Rex published an article on http://slashdot.org
that generated quite a bit of interest in MagicPoint.  The first comments
in the forum were bewilderment at the Japanese.  RU in communication
with Kakugawa-san?

There is getting to be so much good Japanese free software out there.
We should really try to make it more accessible for non-Japanese.

ahh, in our copious free time.  ;-)

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691