Re: Linux Port to limited environment (was: RE: tlug: FW: Windows 95)

> By the way, I'm thinking about Linux port to SH-3 or SH-4.  SH is the
> name of architecutre of 32-bit micro controller (or CPU) of Hitachi.
> SH-3 is used in Windows CE machine, and I've heard that SH-4 will be
> used next version of SEGA.
>
> Thanks to Cygnus Solutions, we have GNU developemnt tools (GCC, GDB,
> GAS...)for SH architecture.  I've build cross development environment
> on my Linux box already.  No code has been written yet.
>
> Anyone interested?  Currently, I and Ichiro Ogata of ETL are
> discussing on SH.  If there are more than three people, it could become
> the "PROJECT". :-)

That sounds interesting as the SH RISC based CPUs are getting used more
and more in STB and PDA, as well as other Internet appliances... so I
guess it would make Linux into a real-time OS?  My boss just got a CE2.0
NEC Mobile GearII... it's pretty nice in the fact that it is several
times faster than its predecessors.. might actually go out and get one
now...

can't help out in the programming... can I be a "SUPPORTER"? :D

Mikio
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691