Re: tlug: FW: Windows 95

Hello, everybody.
Jonathan wrote:
> > The only problem was, NT Perl wasn't cleaning up after
> >itself, so it would get bigger and bigger and bigger, and eventually crash
> >the machine.
>
> If Linux perl did the same thing, would it crash Linux too, or does UNIX
> have a way of killing it before then?
 If something wrong occures on Linux, they can fix it. Even though source
code for Windows Perl is open, most of the users don't have a compiler
for Windows. So they have to endure crashing or switch to Linux.
 Talking about stability of Windows95, the one on my notebook is very good.
I never see it crash. Needless to say I usually use this notebook with Linux.
IT staffs might think my Windows95 works very fine.

 The latest kernel (2.1.103) has a problem with Intel-architecture non-SMP
machines. But it will be fixed in a week. For the moment exchanged three
files (arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c,irq.c,irq.h) with those for 2.1.102.

Cheers,
Masa   Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
<http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/linux>
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691