RE: tlug: FW: Windows 95

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Alan B. Stone <stoneab@example.com>

>have worked with them for years prior to moving over to Linux.  I have
>never had a situation where the MacOS didn't recognize a new device
>connected, as long as you were using the proper driver

I've never seen Windows 95 not do that, either.  Windows PNP is, in my
experience, just as good as Mac.  Did Apple do it first?  Sure, and they
deserve credit for that.  They did a lot of stuff first.  But almost
everything they did first is, with a few exceptions like their great
language kits, something that everybody does now, and the competition is
doing things that Apple isn't doing yet.  They won't have pre-emptive
multi-tasking in MacOS until 1999, for crying out loud.  And Rhapsody is
pretty much completely dead.  Talk about dropping a ball that was glued to
your fingers.

I think the greatest tribute to the Macintosh is that it has survived and
remains popular with its users despite the gross incompetence so frequently
displayed by Apple :-(

But I still think the only good thing to do with a G3 is install MK or PPC
Linux on it ;-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691