tlug: Linux presentation tools (MagicPoint and Ewipe)

Okay, I joined the Japanese mailing list for MagicPoint and immediately
get a message pointing me to
http://www.itojun.org/genko/gihyo-sd9805-presen/ which is a Japanese
review of MagicPoint and something called Ewipe.

Ewipe appears to be a Tk/tcl app that does something similar to
MagicPoint.  The URL is http://www.jnet-jp.to/~sekisita/ewipe/.  It is
also capable of displaying Japanese.

My immediate impression is that I like the MagicPoint paradigm better
(a simple text file as input).  Also, as was just pointed out, the
ability to include an arbitrary X client on a presentation page lets you
do cool things like leverage TeX math display via Xdvi.

I also spent a few minutes with Altavista looking for presentation stuff
and stumbled across a very nice collection of presentations on the web.
Check out "http://www.cscs.ch/slide_show/".  I'm more interested in
giving presentations on my Laptop than in giving presentations on the
web, but the idea (and implementation) is interesting as all get-out.

I find all of this stuff incredibly interesting.

Regards,
--
Rex

P.S.  For lack of a ... quote.  My last missive was supposed to be

	    To: "Tonic, Lime, Unshaken Gin" <tlug@example.com>

      not

	    To: Tonic@example.com, Lime@example.com, Unshaken Gin <tlug.linux.or.jp>

      of course.   :-)
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691