Re: tlug: Draft of June 13 TLUG General Meeting Announcement

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote,

> gcc accepts inline, has done for a long time unless you specify -ansi.
> (Your link will be hosed unless you -O2, but that's another issue.)
> flex may have a problem with it (*.l are lex files).  flex 2.5.4
> doesn't complain.

I have flex 2.5.4 installed.  Furthermore, the `inline'
directive is in the C part of the lexer specification, flex
should just copy that verbatim into the generated C file and
not parse the stuff.  Finally, it is definitely gcc who
complains -- yes, I can distinguish a `gcc' invocation from
a `flex' invocation ;-)

Anyway, you found the problem by mentioning the `-ansi'
option, which is actually used while compiling the flex
output (which I checked after reading your message).  Now, I
wonder why the developers included -ansi in the options for
compiling a non-ANSI file...maybe ./configure messes
something up...

> I have no idea, because ...
>
> 			    DEBIAN RULES!
>
> :-)
>
> Get alien*.rpm and install the debian-jp version of VFlib.

Hmm, last time I tried to install the debian package manager
from source I got an unmotivated compile error.  Hence, I
left the thing alone.  (In contrast to RPM, which was
installed in 5 minutes...)

Anyway, I'll try the alien stuff and make my Linux
installation completely messy...

Thanks for the comments!

Manuel

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691