Re: tlug: VAIO 505EX vs. Moebius PC-PJ1

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> (from you to the ISP) is always 33.6K, a little fact that
> modem makers don't like to mention in their adds.  ISDN
> blows 56K away, another little fact modem makers don't like
> to mention in their adds :-)

well, 64kbps doesn't really 'blow away' 56kbps (unless you're uploading),
but... here in Japan, the cost difference is negligible, so go with ISDN.
In the states, it's still much cheaper to go with 56k analog.

> An Ethernet install is probably no problem, but since I've
> never tried it, I'll leave that question to Scott.

If you're installing TurboLinux or Red Hat, it isn't.  I'm not sure if
Slackware and Debian have NFS/FTP installation options or not, it's been a
long time since I installed either one.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691