Re: tlug: test

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Standlee and Family <e-w.standlee@example.com>

>3)  I have a HP 820CSE (I know Windows) Desk Jet printer
that I want to

By saying "I know, Windows" do you mean that this is a
Windows printer?  If it is, I don't think you can make it
work with anything else.  If it isn't, it should work just
find, but it sounds like your Linux distribution didn't
automatically set up your printer for you.  What
distribution do you have?  Red Hat and TurboLinux both have
a good printer configuration tool that will set up your
printer and get it right the first time.  I have a Deskjet
850C and it works fine (I'm on TurboLinux).

I don't know what printer setup tools other distributions
have

>I do have good news:  I got fvwm running without blowing up
my monitor.

It's always a good day when you don't blow up your monitor.
Wow, it really sounds like you had to configure all of this
manually.  Are you running Slackware or something? ;-)

>too...  I hate the ever exploding Win95

Mine never explodes :-)  Really!  I've been running it for
four months on a K6 machine I built in January, and it has
never crashed.  I know this is probably some kind of a
record, though :-)  I keep using Windows 95 for some things
because some of my favorite stuff either has no Linux
counterpart/a poor Linux counterpart.  Someday that will get
better, though. Well, actually, it's already a lot better.
For that matter, I've only been using Linux since last
October or so, and things are already better :-)

>Ps.  I am working with a 166Mhz 32MB 2.5GBHd Sony Vaio with
ATI 3D Rage

There was just a question about Vaio or Moebius earlier
today on the list.  You may be getting more mail :-)

Good luck with your setup,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691