Re: tlug: Draft of June 13 TLUG General Meeting Announcement

-----Original Message-----
From: craigoda@example.com <craigoda@example.com>

>Featuring a talks by
>    Stephen Turnbull on Debian packaging system
>    Scott Stone on rpm packaging system

Typo, should be either "talks" or "a talk."

>All Linux lovers and supporters of open source code
>and free software are invited to attend

How about, "All Linux users or those interested in learning
more about Linux (experienced or not), as well as other
supporters of open source code and free software are invited
to attend the June 13 Tokyo Linux Users Group meeting."  I
think it may be important to explicitly invite those with no
experience but an interest in Linux, as well as specifying
all users, not just those who love it :-)

But seriously, there are certainly people who use Linux out
of purely practical considerations, such as its being a
stable, reliable, high-performance networking and
workstation OS at an unbeateable price.  Particularly in
business (an area where we want to see Linux succeed), there
will be people in this category.  Businesses don't decide
(or shouldn't decide) on an OS because they have an
emotional or ideological attachment to it.  They should
decide on an OS because it will do the job for them, and do
it either better than the competition or as well as, but
cheaper than, the competition. We want to show businesses
that Linux can do both of those things in many areas.  I
don't think we should imply that you need to love Linux in
order to come.  Everybody is welcome.  And besides - even if
a person starts off using Linux for the most mercenary of
reasons, it will probably grow on them :-)

>Mr. Stone will speak on RPM packaging system, a topic he is
intimate

Typo, needs "the" before "RPM."

Comments?

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691