Re: tlug: Draft of June 13 TLUG General Meeting Announcement

On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 03:02:32PM +0900, craigoda@example.com wrote:

> If anyone else wants to do a demonstration of something, speak up.
> Incidently, I've found that MagicPoint under Linux is awesome for
> presentations.  http://www.mew.org/mgp
> The last presentation I did at ATIP on Linux was kind of weak on
> the graphics since I used HTML.  If I were to do it over again, I
> would use MagicPoint.

Yerk.  Now 45 seconds into playing with it.

    nroff -mandoc mgp2ps.man | less -s

Reveals that hardcopy is indeed easy to generate.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

The really, really cool thing about this is the mgp files are just plain
text files.  Just as with latex, one is encouraged to focus on *content*
and less on futzing around with layout.

I am destined to spend a *lot* of time with this (90% of my job is
giving presentations -- I can't tell you how painful it is having to
keep a win95 partition around on my laptop just for this).  Can't
believe I've never heard of MagicPoint before.

Regards,
--
Rex
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691