tlug: X log files

Oops.  When I saw the subject header of the last missive to the list,
I realized I had forgotten to include the query that was the original
purpose of the posting.

When I use two Xterms to directly query an xdm login server and login to the
same account, one of them downgrades badly; menu response under the mouse
cursor gets really very sluggish, sometimes taking several seconds to catch
up.

At the moment, the X11R6 hierarchy is shared by both Xterms, and writable.
Before I start chipping away at this by trial and error, does anyone know
whether there are portions of the /var/X11R6 or /usr/X11R6 hierarchies that
are written to by X, and might be the cause of this?  The terminals each
have a local ramdisk to which I can move such files, but I first have to
know where they are :)

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Frank B

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691