tlug: CentreCom/Allied Telesis LA-PCI-T

I wrote to the list once or twice about my struggles with this network card.
Turns out there was a readdy off-the-shelf answer.  The tulip.o driver is
very unhappy with this hardware, but the de4x5.o driver works just fine with
it.

So if you have machines sitting around with this card in them, you needn't
hesitate about converting them to Linux boxes :)

The setup I'm working on here uses netboot and the autoprobing driver that
ships with the LA-PCI-T to load Linux and an initrd across the network.
Linux then wakes up to the card, and mounts its root fs via NFS (using the
"nfsroot" distribution as a base). Everything seems to work very happily so
far.

Many thanks to everyone who offered advice on Netscape w/Jse. I have a trip
overseas that will take up the next month, but during the summer I'll start
working up a student terminal setup.  Would the finished info-terminal
setup be of interest to the TLUG archives?  Seems like it might
be of use in Jse universities generally.

Cheers,
Frank Bennett
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691