ange-ftp in Emacs [was Re: tlug: statistics first try

craigoda@example.com writes:
 > From: Manuel Chakravarty <chak@example.com>
 > Subject: Re: tlug: statistics first try
 > Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:27:43 +0900
 >
 > chak> Its part of any descent Emacs distribution.  Just try to
 > chak> load a file (C-x C-f) and then use as a file name something
 > chak> like
 > chak>
 > chak>   /<username>@<machine-name>:<local path>
 > chak>
 > chak> and it should ask you for a password on this machine for the
 > chak> given user and go off and get the file.  Note that if the
 > chak> file is a directory you will get into dired-mode as usual --
 > chak> very convenient.
 >
 > Wow, I never knew this.  This is why I love TLUG.  This is great.
 > Thank you.  Feed me more great jewels of information like this any
 > time.
In the new xemacs the ange-ftp was replaced by something called efs.
It works the same way. Just a different name I think.
Does anybody know, if there is a major difference?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691